1108 users, 4 online now.
A total of 222899 plays!

Index » Beatmaps » Mapping Discussion » dont rank maps that have no lead in times

6 posts | Jump | 1
Ame-chan
290 posts

2 days ago
hopefully this is the right subforum for this loll

this might be funny coming from me when im not really a mapper or anything but i think its bad to rank maps that dont have a manual leadin time (so that objects dont appear on the first frame possible and jumpscare the shit out of you)

i even have a recent example of that: https://osu.titanic.sh/b/1000000306

this map doesnt have manual leadin time so its really annoying to play on clients where that doesnt happen automatically so i think thats something to consider and i also didnt see anything in regards to that in the rc of titanic which confused me honestly lol
click me >~<
Digitalfear117
1795 posts

2 days ago
If you are just talking about titanic bss that is definitely an option, we can require maps that need it for old clients to have it. I recently had * do this for their C418 map already. I did not catch it on this one though.

I think for maps from bancho ranked after the feature was removed this would be silly. We can't modify all maps to play nice for every client imo. Part of the fun of titanic is finding the best client to play a certain map on tbh
Last edited by Digitalfear117 2 days ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ame-chan
290 posts

2 days ago

Digitalfear117 wrote:

If you are just talking about titanic bss that is definitely an option, we can require maps that need it for old clients to have it. I recently had * do this for their C418 map already. I did not catch it on this one though.

I think for maps from bancho ranked after the feature was removed this would be silly. We can't modify all maps to play nice for every client imo. Part of the fun of titanic is finding the best client to play a certain map on tbh

yeah that was kinda what i was implying, im kinda aware changing that on bancho maps would be silly and also actually a lot of work lol plus would kinda destroy the point of titanic

but yeah i think for titanic specific maps it really needs to happen, because im pretty sure many newer players that come here wanna map something and maybe even get it ranked are potentially not even aware of the fact, that old clients dont adjust this automatically lol
click me >~<
Digitalfear117
1795 posts

2 days ago
We can add a rule, but it will need to be worded carefully. Probably something like “maps that have their first object less than 3000ms from the start of the mp3 require enough Lead in time to move that first object over 3000ms”. 
Ame-chan
290 posts

2 days ago
yeah i think that probably already would solve all the things that need to be done, because currently when there is no lead in time, its like very hard to even hit sliders properly lol

like you can cheese but yeah :^)
click me >~<
Digitalfear117
1795 posts

13 hours ago
I have added this automatic lead in time to my modded client, and for BSS maps going forward I am checking for this

6 posts | Jump | 1