1108 users, 3 online now.
A total of 222892 plays!

Index » Titanic! » Skinning » Completed Skins » GenakerSkin

15 posts | Jump | 1 2
db2k
116 posts

7 months ago
My personal osu! skin, been working on it since mid 2023. Still unfinished, will post updates in this thread.

Catch is just the old catch skin, forces Ryuuta to be used. I'll probably skin it properly once I'm done with Standard.
This skin works in every client I can think of, all the way back to 2008. I test in the latest stable client and then go backwards through the different versions.

-KNOWN BUGS-

2013 builds won't allow me to change the spinner tint. There is no fix, since the SpinnerColor skin.ini variable wasn't added in these mid 2013 builds, thus the spinner is darker than intended. It works in the 2014 builds provided on the website, and in pre-redesign builds from early 2013 and earlier.

On all widescreen builds from before 2014, the countdown tries to stretch to the aspect ratio of your monitor rather than staying in 4:3. Again, no fix, since this is a game bug that happens to affect all skins. I will be adding my own assets to hopefully make it less janky looking. Will require massive amounts of trial and error.

Back button has extra deadspace at the top. This is intended, as old clients want to push the button up above the bottom. [WONT FIX]

GenakerSkin.osz
Last edited by db2k 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
BanchoBot
1094 posts

7 months ago
Please note that this forum topic was imported from the Titanic Discord server.
You might encounter some unusual formatting or messages that seem out of context.
db2k
116 posts

7 months ago
I renamed the extension wrong. Will reupload with the correct extension.
Last edited by db2k 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
db2k
116 posts

6 months ago
i never ended up re-uploading the file with the correct extension
db2k
116 posts

6 months ago
rename it to .osk when you download it.
db2k
116 posts

5 months ago
New release! Now has songselect-* for modern clients, uses the old style songselect assets now! Made a new top asset since the old look has a taller top part. If possible, playtest this in modern clients in 4:3/16:10 resolutions. Unsure if the new functionality stays constant between aspect ratios

GenakerSkin.osk
Last edited by db2k 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
BlueChinchompa

5 months ago
looks great !
db2k
116 posts

db2k
116 posts

5 months ago
I still use this skin daily
db2k
116 posts

5 months ago
I feel I’ve honed the gameplay to a point where it’s just natural
Zhechni Gerov
14 posts

5 months ago
Replace value of Version parameter in skin.ini from 1.0 to 1 (b20131129.1 can't ignore errors in skin.ini) and remove Combo5 string in Colours section

Last edited by Zhechni Gerov 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
db2k
116 posts

5 months ago
Damn, thanks for catching those, I haven’t tried on that client, so that’s a good catch.
db2k
116 posts

5 months ago
I’ll fix these when I get home
db2k
116 posts

db2k
116 posts

4 months ago
Adds an optional hitcircle, makes skin more file structure cleaner, also fixes bug found by @Zhechni Gerov
Last edited by db2k 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

15 posts | Jump | 1 2