1109 users, 2 online now.
A total of 223164 plays!

Index » Beatmaps » Mapping Discussion » Map Requests » BAT Ranking Criteria Questions

449 posts | Jump | 1 2 3 4 ... 30 Next
Digitalfear117
1795 posts

4 months ago
What is the goal for overall ranking criteria for BAT's?

- Spread rules - Are we using modern RC spread rules? Or will smaller sets be allowed? Could I do a Hard and Insane tv sized set for example? or Just an Easy diff for tv size?

- User created maps - Do all user created maps have to be "old" style. Or will maps uploaded to the titanic BSS be more lenient on style compared to ones from bancho attempting rank?

- Hybrid sets - Will hybrid sets require additional BAT's per all game modes attempting to be ranked? Let's say you had 2 Standard diffs, 1 CtB diff. Does that mean we will need 1 standard BAT, 1 CtB BAT? 2 standard BAT's 1 CtB BAT? What if there is a taiko diff, a mania diff?

- Loved - Will loved maps fall under BAT's hands or will there be a project Loved for titanic? I think it should still be up to BAT's, but what rules should apply to being a BAT? If someone made an aspire themed map, could that be loved?

- Allowing maps to be playable on older clients - Should we make it so users have to allow maps to be playable on more clients? This could be helped with tools like ToOsuV3, but things like kiai break older clients, so maybe kiai shouldn't be used? Also what about sliderends being attached to body? This was a requirement and on really old clients causes bugs

- Where should mods be expected to given? In map threads here? For ones made by titanic user on bancho before BSS should they be there?

- Hitsounding requirements - Let's say a user made a map in a client that was before a feature was added (clap hitsound, or slider head and tail separate hitsounding) would those maps be unrankable? Or would they be allowed in due to their "older" style? Will hitsounding be required?

This is just a small set of things, I would be interested in being part of the discussion of how these are being handled, but either way I think they should be addressed 💪
Last edited by Digitalfear117 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
BanchoBot
1094 posts

4 months ago
Please note that this forum topic was imported from the Titanic Discord server.
You might encounter some unusual formatting or messages that seem out of context.
Kurboh
1389 posts

4 months ago
maybe add dashes for each point, would appreciate that for readablity <3
LVL1 | 300 ATK | 200 DEF
If this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the GY: For the rest of this turn, you take no battle damage.
Kurboh
1389 posts

4 months ago
like before each point
LVL1 | 300 ATK | 200 DEF
If this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the GY: For the rest of this turn, you take no battle damage.
Kurboh
1389 posts

4 months ago
thank youuu
LVL1 | 300 ATK | 200 DEF
Levi
1485 posts

4 months ago
# Spread Rules:
I think smaller sets are fine, but it depends on the length of course. More on that will be included in the ranking criteria
Last edited by Levi 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Levi
1485 posts

4 months ago
# Mapping Styles:
Every person has their own opinion on this, so as a result this is a very subjective topic. My suggestion was that a map has to have 2 bat approvals, with both agreeing on the song representation/mapping style for the map to get ranked
Last edited by Levi 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Levi
1485 posts

4 months ago
This requirement can change ofc
Digitalfear117
1795 posts

4 months ago
So what you are saying only "old" style can be ranked
Levi
1485 posts

4 months ago

Digitalfear117 wrote:

So what you are saying only "old" style can be ranked

read again
Levi
1485 posts

4 months ago
if a bat likes modern maps, you will have a more likely chance of the map getting approved by them
Levi
1485 posts

4 months ago
if not, then not
Digitalfear117
1795 posts

4 months ago
I think it should be stated in the Ranking Criteria
Levi
1485 posts

Digitalfear117
1795 posts